Press release from IDFA, know several of the projects and people, great choices: For the February selection round of 2014, the IDFA Bertha Fund (previously Jan Vrijman Fund) considered around 300 projects from more than 65 different countries. In total, an amount of € 132,000 was granted to 10 projects. The committee selected three projects for script and project development and seven projects for production and post-production.
The selection committee for this round consisted of Ally Derks (Director of IDFA and IBF), Adriek van Nieuwenhuijzen (Head of Industry IDFA), Denis Vaslin (producer at Volya Films), Steven Markovitz (producer at Big World Cinema) and Elizabeth Wood (Director of DocHouse).
▪ Two Schools Under the Same Roof by Srdjan Sarenac, Bosnia-Herzegovina
▪ Dream in their Eyes by Siddharth Sinha, India
▪ Thank you, Doctor! by Adilet Karzhoev, Kyrgyzstan
Production and Postproduction
▪ Ukrainian Sheriffs by Roman Bondarchuk & Dar’ya Averchenko, Ukraine (photo)
▪ The Guitar School by Miriam Menacherry & Maheen Zia, India/Pakistan
▪ In Praise of Nothing by Boris Mitic, Serbia
▪ Growing up in Oil by Anabel Cristina Rodriguez, Venezuela
▪ Kula: A Memory in Three Acts by Inadelso Cossa, Mozambique
▪ Two Anonymous projects from the Middle East
See more at: